Today's retailers and wholesalers face a wide range of challenges, including industry consolidation, employee attraction and retention, and business continuity. Additionally, the constantly escalating pressure from consumers and competitors on the price-to-value equation makes success more challenging than ever. These trends create a host of risks; strategic, financial, operational, and other new claims types that can prove costly. As the industry becomes increasingly global and consolidated, the risks and claims become bigger and more complex.
Crawford offers the depth of experience needed to solve the unique risk-related challenges facing the retail industry. We partner with our retail clients, their brokers, insurers and re-insurers to fully understand the complexity of their claims and to assist with every facet of loss management and claims administration. Our services include procuring subject matter experts, assessing and administering claims, marshalling resources to work through an adjustment process, mediation, arbitration and litigation, and managing losses to completion.
Our services cover an extensive range of retail-specific expertise, including:
- Brand protection issues
- Comprehensive general liability
- Workers' compensation, disability and leave
- Consumer privacy, data protection, and cyber liability
- Employment practices and liability
- First-party property and contingent business interruption
- Intellectual property and advertising liability
- Product liability, recall, and product contamination