New technologies bring new risks. Crawford helps you stay ahead and remain ready to respond when incidents occur.
As technology interweaves more deeply with our business processes and systems, the risk of cyber-related losses continues to grow. The threats of cyber-related property damage, reputational harm, legal exposure, business interruption, and more, loom large and most organizations are ill-equipped to manage their impacts.
Fortunately, Crawford’s Global Technical Services (GTS) group specializes in responding to and mitigating the damage from cyber-related events. Our team seeks to evaluate and assess damages under intense conditions, providing our clients the support, skill, resources, technology, and experience they demand to respond quickly and appropriately.
- Uncovering damages resulting from cyber attacks
- Mitigating risk through proactive response
- Reporting on negligent or accidental acts by employees
- Resolving privacy-related claims resulting from data breach
- Consulting on regulatory requirements
- Assessing monetary business interruptions
Why choose Crawford?
- Global network of experts trained to plan for and manage cyber risks
- Dedicated incident managers providing centralized contact
- Transparent claims procedures and reporting standards
- 24/7 omnichannel claims intake
- Brand protection though public notifications
Want to learn more?
An organization's cyber incident plan should outline the methodologies and investigation strategies to be used when an event happens. Consideration should be given to how to take certain systems offline without impacting the entire business.Neal Jardine | Senior GTS Adjuster, Cyber Risk | Crawford